cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding product lines / next in line

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

We have some cameras we need to purchase to replace some old ones that have gone out and are finding that some of the models are (not surprisingly) EOL; however, I'm having a hard time finding out what the replacement model is (not a good way to sell if I can't find what the replacement is, Cisco!). Does anyone know a decent reliable way to get this information?

I'm looking for followup model to a 6400E, also for for some REALLY older ones - I need to find what would replace a CIVS-IPC-2830 PTZ.  I'm also going to need to replace some indoor dome cameras and wondering if the 3000 series is still valid (like CIVS-IPC-3620, etc).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

If a Cisco product has had an EoS/ EoL notice issued, at the bottom of the document is a list of part/ model numbers and the suggested replacement, eg:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/physical-security/video-surveillance-ptz-ip-cameras/eos-eol-notice-c51-738436.html

If a product hasn't been EoL then you will have to browse the Cisco product catalogue to find a suitable replacement. Better still, engage with your Cisco re-seller.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

If a Cisco product has had an EoS/ EoL notice issued, at the bottom of the document is a list of part/ model numbers and the suggested replacement, eg:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/physical-security/video-surveillance-ptz-ip-cameras/eos-eol-notice-c51-738436.html

If a product hasn't been EoL then you will have to browse the Cisco product catalogue to find a suitable replacement. Better still, engage with your Cisco re-seller.

cheers,

Seb.

Is the replacement model always kept up-to-date?  In other words, is the model listed the immediate replacement, or the current replacement?  

Good question. Since the EoL notices have an 'Updated: ' field we can infer that the recommended upgrade options are updated and kept in line with the current offerings.

cheers,

Seb.

Okay Seb - I just wasn't sure if that field was dynamic/ updated.  Thanks!