cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Horizontal Lines in Video of IPC-2421

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks, I was curious if anyone else has experienced this in their 2421's. I have a couple of interior dome 2421's that have all the sudden began to show black video with horizontal lines in them. I have...

*reset

*restarted

*firmware upgrade from 2.1.4 to 2.1.6

*Adjusted auto Iris mode from on to off

*generally messed with the settings and such

Have NOT*

*Factory reset because the cameras are out of reach and would require contractor intervention which is a last resort for me at the moment. I know i can do a remote factory restore, but just incase something goes wrong.

I want to check to make sure there isnt anything im missing before I go that route.

I've attached some images...  you might have to look close to see the lines.

One is from the actual camera and one is from VSOM.

Thanks,

-Nick

5 Replies 5

migodfre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,

Could you let me know where the cameras are situated?

Can you see video when you log onto the camera via the GUI?

How are they powered ?

Thanks

Mike

The cameras are mounted on a ceiling tile indoors.

What I see are visible in the snapshots attached to this thread... one being from whats visible from the camera view and one being from whats viewed in VSOM.

They are PoE by a 3750.

-Nick.

Hi Nick,

If that is the case then you might have to go down the hard reset route.

Might be worth trying it in another switch port, a long shot I Know.

Mike

So I was able to get my hands on the camera today and found something very interesting. Seems that the motor controling the Iris seems to be stuck... I have made a short video showing the issue. Seems that perhaps my issue is that its not allowing the switcing from day to night view or any view for that matter. So more of a hardware problem than a software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REZVjT_5To0

Hey Nick,

Were you able to physically fix the camera, or did you end up having to take another route?  I'm having the exact same issue.  I have a camera of the same model doing the same thing and it seems like no matter what I do it just shows me a black screen. . . but I am able to view the timestamp, so obviously it's some sort of video issue.  Please let me know how/if you resolved the issue.  Appreciate it.

Larry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: