cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many Cameras on VSM7 media server on UCS-C ?

Andrea Paterna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

If I buy a VSM7 media server licenses for UCS-C , how many cameras can I connect ? After obtaining this number if  I need to connect other cameras I have to buy single licenses for every camera that I  need to connect ? Or the new licenses is a multiple number of the first license. 

1 Reply 1

jasonle
Level 5
Level 5

Andrea,

Do you already have a VSM7 Operations Manager (VSOM) license?

# of cameras really depend on the design (bitrate, location, etc.).  The licenses are installed via VSOM, not Media Server.

Each non-Cisco IP camera will need a license. Same part number, just buy the quantity that you need.  Licenses can be added anytime. There is no need to order licenses for CISCO endpoints.

I believe each media server will handle around 200-250 cameras. Again, this all depends on what the camera(s) are streaming, etc.  Also will depend on the server platform.  On UCS-C, it'll also depend on how many VSMS virtual machines you are running.

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: