cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE8 Running very slow, won't display camera feeds

rfuller10
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded to 6.3. On one of our client machines the IE8 process will not go above 80k when you select a camera feed. The mouse will lag all over the screen and the video will pop up after about 2.5 minutes. I uninstalled and reinstalled all ActiveX, and Cisco Client software from the machine, no changes were made on the machine. Several other identical machines and machines that have lower specs run VSM flawlessly. I ran the profiler tool and was able to pull up 16 feeds and passed the test, I just cannot view anything through the VSM. Anyone else have this problem? I put in a TAC Request but since my machine isn't up to the "baseline requirement" I am not recieving much support.

19 Replies 19

The VSM works perfectly fine on the the majority of machines we use it on, it doesnt work on two. The two machines it doesn't work on have identical or better specs than the rest of the machines. I will upgrade though.

You are able to view the cameras on a different machine other than the two that are having problems? I thought you could not view the cameras on any machine with VSM. This changes everything; upgrading the firmware will not fix the issue. 

Try to unistall and reinstall IE, make sure you reboot between the unistall and reinstall.

Ive done that, along with reverting back from SP3 to SP2 to SP1 with no luck.

Maybe video driver conflict. Check and make sure you have the correct video card drivers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: