Views
Helpful
Replies

IPVS 6.3.1 integration with HP open view for monitoring

accessunit
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

i have a problem in integrating the VSOM and VSMS servers to the HP open view using the SNMP traps.

iam using the IPVS version 6.3.1 .

iam receiving the traps on the HP open view but the HP cannot interpret it .

when iam trying to upload the SNMP trap file from the VSMS servers it gave me an error in the file code.

i need to get the correct MIB files and the intergration steps if you can

did anyone try that ?

and how i can monitor the IPVS servers and the IP camera with a 3rd party monitoring tool ?

thanks in advance 

9 Replies 9

bcc.technik.ip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco implemented some bugs within the MIB. Someone once said "It's not a bug!! It's a feature"

So, I corrected the MIB - our Mib compiler (build in in CA's Spectrum)  stated no failures...

Try it an leave a comment.

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please let us know if the offered MIB worked for your HP Open View monitoring system.

Thanks,

Jim

Dear JIm

the file was uploaded successfuly in the HP MIB inventory .

but stil the HP can not interpret the SNMP traps  came from the VSMS servers.

i need to get the traps for "the IP camera unreachable and the motion dedection " traps only .

could you help me to solve this problem

thanks in advcane

Hi,

Is your HP OpenView configured to accept SNMP v2 (Inform)?  VSMS does not use v3.

What is the specific error you receive?  Does the error present when you do a MIB walk in OpenView?  Can you confirm which MIB you are using, as the version for VSM 6.2 is different than for 6.3 and up.

Thanks,

Jim

hi JIM

we are uing SNMP V2 . i finally opened a ticket with cisco and they comfirmed that there is a BUG on the system and they are trying to sov e it .

now the man issue that iam facing is how to monitor  the IPVS devices inlcding "VSOM ,VSMS and IP Cameras"?

if any one have another solution like"syslog or email alert"?

i appreicte your help

Omran 

Hi,

can you give us an update ? 2 month for fixing a mib, it is vodoo?

regards Tobias

We have some fixes coming out in 6.3.2      

CSCte42351    Add health monitoring of MSP server RAID      

CSCth91616    RAID subsystem enhancements for CIVS-MSP platforms      

CSCti19302    Sending Email Alerts for Health Monitoring Events 

This should make the SNMP function work better.  Look for an announcement soon.

i checked in the current version 6.3.1 .

it did not support the integration with any 3 rd party monitoring system .

i checked that with a cisco technical support

they mentioed that this feature will be ready in the new version 7.0 next year

but for the curent version . i ust use the VSOM web tool for monitoring the sevice

There may not be a general release called 7.0.  It is usually safer and more accurate to suggest features are roadmapped for the "next major release", or in this case, 7.x would work (since we're pretty certain the major release will be in the 7.x numbering scheme.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: