cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is FirePower subscription included in ASA5512-FPWR-K9 (ASA 5512-X with FirePOWER Services, 6GE data, AC, 3DES/AES, SSD)?

BenBen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anybody know if ASA5512-FPWR-K9 (ASA 5512-X with FirePOWER Services, 6GE data, AC, 3DES/AES, SSD) include any subscription?

I also noted that L-ASA5512-TA-3Y (Cisco ASA5512 FirePOWER IPS and Apps 3YR Subscription) is not available to order from CCW. How can we order it?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dhvenkat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can order to the license PID, the 3Y PID gets added to the license PID.

For example, 

L-ASA5585-TA-LIC= can be ordered and L-ASA5585-TA-3Y can be added to it

DD(SourceFire Business Analyst)

View solution in original post

When installing FirePOWER services on an ASA HA pair, you need a subscription for each physical appliance.

So in your case you need two.

Don't forget you need a Firesight Management Center (FMC) as well. For a 2 ASA installation you can get the 2 appliance licensed VM form factor.

If you're a partner you should have access to the Ordering Guide which covers all of this. See the partner resources section here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/partner-resources-listing.html

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

dhvenkat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can order to the license PID, the 3Y PID gets added to the license PID.

For example, 

L-ASA5585-TA-LIC= can be ordered and L-ASA5585-TA-3Y can be added to it

DD(SourceFire Business Analyst)

Hi DD,

Thank you so much for the quick response. I should mark it as correct answer but I have another question, for an Active/Standby ASA pair, do I need to buy FirePower two subscriptions or subscription is sufficient?

Thanks.

Hi Frank,

Please check on the ordering guide for more information, this is more a question to Sales.

I am only from licensing.

Thanks,

DD 

Thank you DD, Marvin indicated two appliances are required, and FireSight Management Center is required as well. 

Thank you again.

When installing FirePOWER services on an ASA HA pair, you need a subscription for each physical appliance.

So in your case you need two.

Don't forget you need a Firesight Management Center (FMC) as well. For a 2 ASA installation you can get the 2 appliance licensed VM form factor.

If you're a partner you should have access to the Ordering Guide which covers all of this. See the partner resources section here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/partner-resources-listing.html

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for the information, especially on the reminder of the Firesight Management Center (FMC), the order guide is very useful. Cisco ordering and licensing is never been simple.

Hi Marvin,

Do I need to buy both FS-VMW-SW-K9 and FS-VMW-2-SW-K9. First one is for the virtual appliance, 2nd one is for the 2 device license?

FS-VMW-SW-K9: Cisco Virtual FireSIGHT Management Center
FS-VMW-2-SW-K9: Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center, (VMware) for 2 devices FireSIGHT Lic.

Thanks.

You do not need the FS-VMW-SW-K9 for a simple 2 ASA setup. That part number is for a "full" FMC on VM that can manage multiple sensors (up to the platform limit of 25) including physical sensor appliances (i.e 3D series legacy Sourcefire or new Cisco dedicated appliances).

The 2 device license part will allow management of two ASA appliances with FirePOWER service modules. There's also a 10 device license that is also limited to ASA-based sensors.

These are offered as an incentive to get into the FirePOWER services - otherwise the entry level full FMC would exceed the cost of small installations with say only one or two 5512-X's with FirePOWER.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you again. Much appreciated for your quick and clear explanation. I am sure others who planning to purchase ASA with FirePower will benefit from your answers.

Hello. Can you explain the issue when I need to use one ASA5512 FirePower with IPS , do I need to buy Firesight Management Center or not?

Marat,

Yes. All ASA 55xx with FirePOWER service module - no matter which subscription (IPS, Malware and/or URL filtering) - require a Firesight Management Center (FMC) to define and deploy policy and manage the events from the module(s) (or hardware sensors if/when you have those).

FMC is available in a variety of tiers - VM images that can be licensed for 2, 10, or unlimited (license-wise - still subject to platform limitations of course) managed sensors. There are also 3 models of hardware-based FMC appliance currently offered.

Thank you very much. You are clarified the issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: