Views
Helpful
Replies

Joystick for camera control

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What attributes does a joystick need to have to support zoom on a PTZ camera? I installed a gaming joystick but it only pans and tilts the camera. Twisting it does not trigger zoom.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Finbarr Rogers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jason,

What type of games controller are you using. I had some trouble with the buttons and zoom on the axis T8311 joystick. I used the calabration settings on the controller directly through Windows and it did solve it.

Regards,

Finny

driker023
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco sells Joystick to control cameras on VSM the part number is CIVS-JOY1-USB

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Daniel is it still selling?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Anil, I have no issues with ordering new and getting replacements with Cisco smartnet agreement.Cisco Joystick.jpeg

Joystick has pan tilt and zoom and the buttons are all programable for camera position presets.

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Daniel can you select cameras over keypad for monitoring?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Anil, VSOM doesn't support "Direct camera entry" However I use thrid party software solution that connects to all the media servers and proxy's which I'm able to open up muiltple window panes in IE which this software supports direct camera entry, review player, export, seek, speed control and operator history. Our daily operators don't use VSOM ever we use this thrid party software because it's more proactvie approach to surveillance. We are able to open muiltpe window panes and stretch, adjust ratio, minimize windows all while doing rapid reviews, ptz controls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: