Replies

Problems with VSOM and SASD Software

forsdani
Level 1
Level 1

VSOM server version: 7.5.0-901

Media server version: 7.5.0-902d

SASD version: 7.5.26.8840

I'm having some trouble and don't know where to look. I have camera retention set for 30 days on all my cameras. Cameras are spread across various media servers. Media servers have plenty of storage.

I have found a few cameras where if I try to grab a clip of a certain time frame, it fails to create the clip, then it resets all the footage and I have 5-10 minutes of recorded footage at that point. It's like it delete all the recordings it had for that camera. I can't find a trend and it seems random.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any place I can look to figure out why?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

voyo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It highly depends, there can be numerous causes for such behavior.

Starting from some wrong data in database , orphaned recording files, bug(s) in VSM or SASD itself.

You didn't provide enough data even to start diagnosing, whether this is affecting cameras on all your mediaserevers, or only from particular one, is it somehow related to camera model or template ,

what type of clip, do you have enough space on mediapartition assigned for creating clips, what is status of this clips in SASD, do you see any error message.

Best - create TAC case, describe precisely problem, attach support reports from related mediaserver.

Also I'd consider upgrading. VSM 7.5 is very old, I know numerous bugs which has been fixed till VSM 7.11