cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recorded video file duration 1

phanijampala
Level 1
Level 1

I am using VMSS (Video Managements and storage system) version 6.2.1.

I tried to record a camera feed using Cisco interface i.e "Video Surveillance operations manager" and I have tried to play back the recorded stream. But its not playing. I have seen the properrties of the file using the http apis from a browser

http://192.168.202.231/info.bwt?type=archive&display=html

When I see the properties of the individual file, I see the duration done as '1', Is this a problem, although the size reflects that the video has been recorded.

BWT_STORAGE_MANAGER: meta data of archive /media0/1002@sm-sre-192-168-202-231.

Attribute NameAttribute Value
MediaMaster ID/media0/1002/media_master
Version6.0
Descriptionp_test2
Type1
StateSHELVED
Media Typempeg4-v
Video Width640
Video Height480
Video Quality50
Framerate5.000000
Bit rate3000
Duration120
First FrameSun Aug 28 16:30:52 2011
Last FrameThu Sep  1 12:53:43 2011
Archive Size(K)72664
Max Frame Size50909
Max Mbps4.250740
Max Fps29.997000
Duration Done1
Days To Live0
Start TimeThu Sep  1 12:51:40 2011
Stop TimeThu Sep  1 12:53:45 2011

ShowArchiveThu Sep  8 16:17:35 2011

4 Replies 4

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phani,

The state in the properties of feed posted by you display "SHELVED" which means the recording has been stoped. the shelved are viewable till the expiration date(days to live) define in VSOM after this date it is deleted from the VSMS server.  You can make a backup of shelved archives on other VSMS server before they get deleted for future playing.

i hope this clear your question, if not feel free to ask your question or concern.

Thanks

Karan Capoor 

Hi Karan,

Thanks for your reply. Here are the sequence of steps I followed.

1. Through operations manager interface I have started recording, prior to that I have set recording length to 2 mins.

2. When I query for recordings it shows clearly that the video is being recorded and after 2 mins its stopped.

3. When I try to play this immediately either through VSOM or through VLC player(via rtsp) it doesnt play.

So these are not the shelved/expired recording. One thing I would suspect is that the dates or not being properly set, first frame & last frame time are different, but start time & stop time are consistent showing that it recorded for 2 mins.

Regards

Phani

Phani,

lets do some troubleshooting...

1.) make sure your camera and VSOM/VSMS has same time . can be done using NTP server.

2.) what kind of archive you had created (loop/continues/simple)

3.) post the ims.log file to check what exactly the error is.

4.) camera model,firmware,VSOM version.

5.) is this happening with particular feed or with all feeds ?

Thanks

Karan Capoor

Karan,

1. I have updated the time for camera & VSMS using NTP server.

2. I am creating a simple archive using record now button(which is set to record for 30 secs)

3. My ims.log is empty.

I am using VSMS 6.2.1 & VSVM 6.2.1

One  thing I would like to highlight here is that, I have tried with a Cisco  2500 camera which seems to work(archive playback ) fine eventhough the  duration is displayed as 1 in file properties.

Another problem could be:

The feed which I  tried to record and has a problem with playback comes from Sony  SNC-RH124. (This model is not in the list of supported cameras, I have  added it under Sony SNC-RX 530 &  Sony SNC-P1). I am not sure if  this is a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Phani