Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Site Archive Backups

Reid Ditzler
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a remote site that has a service module running VSOM 4.2.1 and 3 2621v cameras, the archives are set to record locally and transfer to the main VSMS daily at 23:59 (to save on bandwidth during the work day). The problem is that this system seems to be sending the data at 10:30 in the morning and completely destroying the bandwidth for this remote site. I have thoughts that this might be related to the service module is running 4.2.1 and the main system is on 6.3.2 but I haven't seen any instructions on upgrading the firmware on the module or known issues of this.

I had another site set to the same thing it worked perfectly. This one has never worked correctly.

Thoughts or Ideas? 

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

harsandh
Level 1
Level 1

You might want to check the time and timezone on the module.

Are the two servers set on NTP?

This issue is definatly due to timezone errors

I checked the NTP and the timezone and both were correct, the actual problem was that I had the remote site's cameras configured as M-JPEGs which are huge files compaired to MPEG-4s, the system was working properly but due to the files being so larg they couldn't fully send in the aloted time. After I re-configured them as MPEG-4s everything went as it should on the transfer time and everything is perfect now.

Thanks a ton guys for the input.