Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirements to Upgrade 6.3.2 to 7.0.1

haris_qazi
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I need to know the requirements to upgrade from VSM 6.3.2 to VSM 7.0.1. I need the following clarifications:

1- Licensing Model (Do the customer needs to pay for this upgrade)

2- Upgrade Possibility (Can we upgrade directly or do we need to upgrade to some other version first)

3- Virtual Matrix License Upgrade to SASD (Do the customer needs to pay)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasonle
Contributor
Contributor

Haris,

#1 & #3

Licenses, upgrades, cost, etc. will depend many factors. However, part numbers for migrating from VSM 6.3.2 to VSM 7 are quite affordable.  I would suggest contacting your Cisco sales rep for this.

Migrating to VSM 7 requires a fresh starting point at 6.3.2 MR2 (or later).  Keep in mind this is a MIGRATION and not a simple upgrade. Take a look at the link below for options. If you are a current Physical Security ATP partner, you can open a case with PDI Helpdesk (www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk) to start the migration process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/release_notes/7_0_0/vsm_rn_7_0.html#wp157593

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jasonle
Contributor
Contributor

Haris,

#1 & #3

Licenses, upgrades, cost, etc. will depend many factors. However, part numbers for migrating from VSM 6.3.2 to VSM 7 are quite affordable.  I would suggest contacting your Cisco sales rep for this.

Migrating to VSM 7 requires a fresh starting point at 6.3.2 MR2 (or later).  Keep in mind this is a MIGRATION and not a simple upgrade. Take a look at the link below for options. If you are a current Physical Security ATP partner, you can open a case with PDI Helpdesk (www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk) to start the migration process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/release_notes/7_0_0/vsm_rn_7_0.html#wp157593

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: