cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset IP address to default on 6020 and 6400

robert.greeson
Level 1
Level 1

Need some help.   I fat fingered the IP address on both a 6020 and a 6400, now I can't get to them.   According to the documentation you hold reset for 15 and 30 seconds.  I did this, the camera reset everything else, but the IP address remains the same.  I verified on the switch that the IP never changes.   What am i doing wrong on resetting the IP address?

Robert                  

2 Replies 2

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Holding it for 30 seconds should do the trick. If DHCP is enabled it may get leased the same address though unless you let it come up for 3 minutes with no network connection. But it sounds like you are using static IP.

In an identical situation in the past I  just connected the camera to a hub, put my laptop onto the same subnet, and then go in through a browser and set it to the corrcet IP that I wanted. I found that easier than the whole factory reset dance. This is assuming that you know the IP that the camera currently has (which it sound slike you do).

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

Another trick that works ( at least it did with the 2500 and 2600 series cameras) was to perform an IP Address Only reset ( target about 3-5 seconds.) while running an extended ping on the default IP.  You may have to do this 2 or 3 times before you see activity, and I would give it 3 mins each time before giving up and resetting again.

Connecting directly to the camera or through a local switch which does not provide dhcp is sometimes the best way to recover.

I hope that helps,

Jim