cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Safety and Security Desktop Application

jhilton28
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with the Safety and Security Desktop Application (Version: 7.5.26.8840)

I am currently running OS: Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803 OS build 17134.112

When I launch the application, I am able to authenticate properly and the application loads the cameras, however, on the left hand side of the application where it shows 'Locations' when I attempt to click on a location within the tree I get the following error and the application crashes:

Unhandled Exception
System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

The only way I am able to view cameras through SASD application is by not clicking on the location field and just enter the camera name/number directly in the search cameras text box.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install the SASD application several times along with rebooting and nothing seems to fix.

Has anyone seen this issue before?  If so, is there a fix?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like a PC issue to me. Have you tried running SASD as an administrator? You should see that choice when you rt-click on the SASD icon. What version of VSM are you running? 

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps another thing to try is to reinstall or repair .NET on your computer. I've had to do that a time or two to get some of the issues I was having with SASD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: