Views
Helpful
Replies

SASD Folder Rights

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

Can somebody give me a hint what kind of local rights for a standard user must be set for the SASD environment?

We have to limit the local login user from Admin to standard user....

Thanks for a hint.

Regards

Danny

4 Replies 4

bichacko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

Assuming you are talking about windows platform:

If you wish the user to have the rights to install/ troubleshoot SASD on the system then you would need them to have the admin rights.

If the target PC is just for launching video walls and just for monitoring the cameras, then they can be configured as basic user.

Hi.

Yes, the windows pc running a SASD client.

It would be only for reviewing, but we noticed that the SASD software wants to have some R,W,Modify rights somewhere. It works without it, but its very slow. When running with admin user rights, the software is fine.

Unfortunately, there is no info in the doc. I am sure most of the installations use a local user with admin rights to avoid, but this is not the final solution.

Regards

Danny

Hi Danny,

I believe you are not talking about user privileges as in a "guest account", because if that is so then it is not supported. I have attached a screenshot of the baseline specification.

You can refer to the following link, I think it would be helpful: (irrespective of the VSOM version as its more or less the same).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/7_2/client/vsm_7_2_workstation_specs.html#wp45914

Hi.

Thanks very much for your time and help.

We don't use "guest" accounts on such machines. We use the standard user account type if possible (earlier administrator type). Windows defines: Standard User, Administrator and Guest Accounts.

Regards

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: