cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to view cisco dome 2621 on the vsom

haitham.ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

problem description:unable to view camera on VSOM and it can viewable on web direct.

i tried to removing and adding the camera several time but it didn't help , also tried restarting both the camera and VSMS and no improvement.

Error message displayed:Endpoint Error:camera unreachable

software version:VSM 6.3.2 ,VSOM 6.3.2 .

i need your help ASAP , i have a project and this is the first time to configure cisco VSMS.

the dead lineis 26-7-2013.

4 Replies 4

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can occur if:

•Video is not streaming from the camera

VSMS must start streaming again

Takes longer than 8 seconds to receive video and start sending it to the client

Client software times out if it does not get initial video data in 8 seconds

•VSMS server is unable to get video from the camera, such as when the camera is offline or incorrect password during configuration.
•While the camera feed is being viewed it gets removed by another user.

thanxs for your reply , kindly find attached BOM of this project .

please clarify the main function of cisco physical security platform as i have 3 of them ,two 2u and one 1u.

all cameras and physical security in the same vlan and i can view the camera direct but when i connect to the server direct

and add the camera it's added but can't viewd , please clarify what can i do and should the client's pc is XP.

it could be various reason. why? VSOM are unable to stream videos, could please raise a TAC case. we would be glad to look at the issue.

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

It has to be something simple...

Can you ping cameras from VSOM server?  Ping the gateway?  Can you ping the VSOM server from the PC that can view the cameras?  As mentioned is the login/password correct in VSOM?  Are the camera firmwares low enough for v6.3.2 to work? 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/ip_camera/release_notes/firmware_4.4.1/rn_441_26xx.pdf

(Well, i guess that's not the issue.)  Yes, open a TAC.  =)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: