Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Analytics for VSOM child streams using bwims://

amit.kale
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

We are developing video analytics interface for Cisco VSOM (6.3.2). From available literature what we understood is; If we have camera connected, (in our case Cisco 4500E) then to obtain a viewable stream we need to create a child stream in VSOM for the particular camera. The video stream is available as bwims://vsom_server/p_Cisco_H264_1. After installing the VSMS client we were able to view the UDP stream in Windows Media Player. We already had a Directshow interface where we were able to open file and network streams. We use ISampleGrabber callback method to obtain individual frames from the stream. Although this has not been successful for the above mentioned stream. If we configure the child stream as MJPEG we are able to get the frames but for H.264 we get a blank video or the decoding doesn't take place. Following are my questions.

1. Is it the right way of performing Video analytics for cameras connected to Cisco VSOM. i.e. use the UDP stream by creating a child stream in VSOM?

2. The live view works for Dshow but if we use frame grabber then we face no decoding thus unable to get raw decoded frames. Is there a better way to solve this problem?

Currently i can only think of building a Filter in directshow with support for callback; but before doing that i want to know am  I on the right track.

Thanks!

Amit

1 Reply 1

amit.kale
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I finally found the answer, I just installed the Cisco Video Surveillance client which installs necessary DShow codecs required for decoding. I had some other third party dshow codecs which was creating the issue, by interfering in the streaming. I disabled them using regsvr32 /u  command and then the sample grabber worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: