cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video intercom that will work with CPAM and VSOM needed

Scott Donahue
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering what other users have used for a video intercom that will tie in with both CPAM and VSOM? 

Currently we have some 2N Helios IP Force (9151101CW) that we have working with CPAM and our Cisco 9971 phone but cannot get it to work with VSOM on version 7.0.1. 

So if there is another option out there I'd be interested to know as we are getting ready to add several more on projects currently under construction.

Thanks,

Scott

28 Replies 28

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi scott,

What kind a integration do you want to do with vsom? Streming?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Anil,

Yes, would like it to be able to stream and record as well.

Thanks,

Scott

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Ok scott. In a project we have 2n and vsm 7.2. I will ask to technical team. How do they connect the vsm or do they connect vsm and 2n?

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Scott by the way i searched the 2n's site. You can see the helios specs at the attached. As you an see the 2n's support onvif s anc surv. systems streaming even multiast so you must join vsm 7.0.1 with third party camera licence.

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

www.2n.cz/en/products/intercom-systems/ip-intercoms/helios-ip-verso/

Anil,

The last link to the 2N is for an interior intercom.  We need and have the 2N Helios IP Force which is their exterior model. 

If it's possible I would like to know what your project you mentioned in your other post what their settings are so I can try to duplicate them on my system to get our 2N's to work with VSOM.  I have tried every possible onvif and other settings possible without success and licence is not the issue as I have the third party camera licence already uploaded to VSOM.

Thanks,

Soctt

Do you have the third party streaming lisence on the Helios Device?

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Nope using like a sip phone only. But we can try in these days.

I have used the IP Force product before but I have not set up a stream into VSOM as of yet. I have set it up for other products though so it should be pretty much the same procedure.

In order to stream the video stream from the IP Force to a third party product (VSM 7) there is a license that must be applied to the 2N Helios device. It is the Enhanced Video License. This license enables the RTSP streaming functionality on the Helios device letting you send the video stream to Third Party products such as VSM7 or any other ONVIF complient recording device.

Then you would just have to set up VSOM to pull that RTSP stream in as a camera.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your input.  I do have the Enhanced Licence on the 2N and am able to send video to our Cisco 9971 phone as a SIP but also want to be able to pull the video into VSOM so I can record it and associate it with a door alarm within CPAM.

Hi Scott,

Check 2n wiki for VSM integration

https://wiki.2n.cz/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=22415271

Hi Timur,

I had found that Wiki a while back and tried all it's settings without success.  I have even tried to contact 2N but becuase I did not directly purchase it through them they will NOT offer any assistance and just refer me back to the Cisco Partner that we purchased it though.  Problem is the Cisco Partner was not able to ever get it to work which is why I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has been able to get it to work successful and mimik what they have done.  Within the Wiki it does mention certain things being fixed in VSOM 7.01 but I am not able to find any documentation.

Scott,

We searched wiki site. Actually everything is clear. Did you enter 3. party camera licence to VSM?

Yes the wiki is clear and I have all the licence entered, it just will not show or record the video in VSOM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: