cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vivotek SD9362-EHL black when first switched to

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this belongs here or with Vivotek.  We have a couple of the SD9362-EHL PTZ's.  When you first switch to them in SASD, the screen is basically all black except for some outlines.  After a few moments, it will clear up.  The firmware is up-to-date and our VSOM and SASD are version  7.12.1.  Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

What codec are you using on VSOM templates? Is the Vivotek FW compatible with the VSM version (found in the release notes)? It could also be that the view is waiting for the 1st I-frame to come in. Try moving the PTZ once the black screen comes up and see if it comes up quicker. 

The codec in VSOM is set to H_264.  We are running version 7.12.1, which I think is current, so there shouldn't be compatibility issues (one reason we recently upgraded VSOM is because we were on an older version that was NOT compatible with the vivoteks).

Yes, it does seem to be that if you move the PTZ, the screen comes up quicker, but it's just odd that you have to do that to get a picture and I was wondering if there was some way I could configure things differently to not run into that.