Views
Helpful
Replies

VSM and IP Camera Training

mike.meyer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Has anyone found good self training guides to learn the Cisco Video Surveillance suite?

Found a cert 648-238 CCPS1 but no training material or cert guides.

What have others been doing to teach and equip their teams?

Cheers Mike

4 Replies 4

jsah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Mike,

I am from Cisco Video Surveillance Backbone TAC team. You can always refer the user guide/release notes of the respective version of VSM. This helps to understand each and every options used in VSM, what new updates in release and how to configure and use that features.
Please let me know if you have any specific questions related to VSM setup.
Happy to help you on this!

Cheers,
Jayesh

Hey Mate,

To date that what we've been doing, but does not equip the engineers well to pass their VSM exam or help them become great at knowing the power of the product lineup and implementing in such a way that truly demonstrates the capabilities of the product.

Really needs decent training material.

Cheers Mike

I could not even find a cert guide for VSM

Jayesh,

I want to echo everyones comments here about having a cisco press book or materials available for this. It is a specialized exam, CCPS1 648-238,  there are many companies using CISCO VSM, VSOM servers and IP cameras. For example, I am the VSM technical resource for HCA, hospital corp of america in our North Florida Division. I have to maintain 130 CPS-UCSM4-2RU-K9 servers running VSOM V7.12.1 and over 5000 cameras in 26 facilities. HCA has a dozen other divisions just like this and a study guide or a certification for this would be great. I called the training and cert group and opened a ticket last year asking if it could at least be considered. I got the complimentary email saying we are sorry please contact the exam and training group !   

I passed my CCPS1 exam a few years ago, only because i have 12 years of experience with it.  Can you please ask or forward a request for this to the Training Group? 

We would all appreciate it.

Paul Wood, Prior CCNA, CCNA Wireless, Current CCPS1

paul.wood@hcahealthcare.com