Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 7.5 - Old alert message still sent by server

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I have an already acknowledged system alert message (of a non reachable cam) from Decenter that is still sent by mail. Keeps coming and coming.

Suppose there must be a queue folder on the mediaserver that contains that as a file? Any chance to delete it manually maybe?

Thanks for a hint.

Danny

3 Replies 3

Raghav-Rao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Login in to SASD, go to events right click on the event and CLEAR.

Shift key can be used to select multiple events and ctrl + a to select all events.

Raghav's instructions weren't clear to me, but they did point me in the direction needed.

In SASD, click on the Alert button to open the Duplicate Alert Centric WorkSpace.

Once there I modified the Dynamic Filter to only show Alert Severity Critical items and then right clicked on each of them and acknowledged, then closed the alert.  Using shift to select multiple events did not work for me.

I would have never thought to look at the SASD console for the ability to clear these health notifications.  I have always looked at the VSOM admin interface to do this.  Not exactly intuitive for someone who has had this product since the 6.x days.  We only give the SASD to security guard stations to monitor the cameras in their area.  I have never thought of it as an administrative tool.

Thanks very much Raghav and Jonathan.

Without Jonathan's hint I would not have found it... :-)

That was exactly the way how to it. I am really not sure why this is so hidden and not consequently on the web alarm panel.

Will feedback this to the BU.

But it's solved.

Cheers

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: