cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 7.6 SASD tools not installed

mcannetcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded my VSOM and 3 media servers to version 7.6 (did not install patch1).  I'm trying to install the SASD applications, as I understand this is a suite.  But when I go into operations->software and click on Advanced Media player, that link only installs the SASD "fat client".  I am looking to setup the my video walls now and I understand I need the video wall configurator?  Does anybody know where I can find/get this?  I looked up and down the downloads page of cisco.com for it and don't see it anywhere.  The most I've found was what I already have, the SASD fat client.

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jsah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

From VSM 7.6.0 version the SASD setup is not linked in the VSM application suite. You need to download the SASD setup separately from cisco.com page which is having video wall confiugurator.

As you have mentioned here that you didn't install the SASD Hotfix1 patch on server, so you need to install the SASD from below link. (Refer attached snapshot)

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282976740&softwareid=281933881&release=7.6.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Jayesh

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jsah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

From VSM 7.6.0 version the SASD setup is not linked in the VSM application suite. You need to download the SASD setup separately from cisco.com page which is having video wall confiugurator.

As you have mentioned here that you didn't install the SASD Hotfix1 patch on server, so you need to install the SASD from below link. (Refer attached snapshot)

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282976740&softwareid=281933881&release=7.6.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Jayesh

Jayesh,

thank you for the reply - I appreciate it.  That link you sent me was the link I was referring to in my post.  I downloaded that setup file, but it does not contain any wall configurator or anything other than just the SASD itself.

Interesting... I downloaded said installer on a different computer and all sub apps are there.  So thank you.  I guess i have a machine specific issue.

That's great.! Glad to hear its working fine.

Appreciate for your prompt response. As i tried now and download this SASD file from above link and install the setup on my system.

Its working fine for me with all related SASD application also here. (Refer attached snapshot)

Kindly uninstall all the old previous version of SASD clients from Control panel and then try to install this SASD setup.

Regards,

Jayesh

Jayesh,

​Nothing of consequence, but one piece of feedback. I made the same mistake with SASD and AVP a few months ago when we upgraded to 7.6. It would be helpful if the installers had more specific names. They are easy to mix up with the current naming convention. Put the two installers side by side, and it is not very apparent which is which.

Jason,

As you can AVP from the VSOM GUI page, where as for SASD you need to download from the cisco.com.

The SASD is no more downloadable from the VSOM. So the installers is different place. Make sure you download one file at a time and run the installer separately. That might avoid any confusion in future.

Hope this help also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: