cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM Any way to adjust cameras NOT in Windows 7 or 8.1

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

I think I had a similar thread to this a couple of years ago, so forgive me, but it was very old, plus I think I MUST be missing something, so I'll try again.

So we are running vsom 7.12.1.  For a long time I've maintained a Windows 8.1 machine because from what I can tell, you cannot get to "Image Controls" in VSOM on a browser newer than IE 11 on Windows 8.1.  I realize that there is HTML5 video available, but I'm needing access to image controls so that images can be adjusted, etc.

If I go into IE (or other browsers) on windows 10, the image control tab is not even there.

I *THOUGHT* I could get away from Windows 8.1 by having a Win 10 host and then running IE 8.1 on a VM, but nope - I tried Hyper-V and Virtual box and in both cases, when I try to get a video window up in vsom, the browser crashes.

So can anyone here tell me, because from what I've seen, there isn't a way to do video controls in SASD, but maybe I'm missing something since we are just recently updated to 7.12.1 - how am I to get the functionality without having an old OS?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

You could use the Cisco IP Camera setup software maybe to adjust the camera settings (auto focus and the others). You can get it where you DL the firmware from Cisco.com

Not the best fix I know but it does work. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

You could use the Cisco IP Camera setup software maybe to adjust the camera settings (auto focus and the others). You can get it where you DL the firmware from Cisco.com

Not the best fix I know but it does work. 

Thank you very much mcwalter!  That is precisely the information I needed.  I do kind of wish this functionality could be built into SASD - seems like it would make more sense, but still glad to have it - I was worried about the need to keep a Windows 7 era machine around just for this functionality.  Again, thank you!'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: