Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM client pc minimum requirements

harpal singh
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I want to know what will be the minimum requirement of client pc to view hd video feeds.

Does i5 enough without graphic card

window 7

4gb ram

8 Replies 8

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

?mpossible

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo @2.93 GHz with 2GB of RAM running Win7 64 Bit with an Nvidia GeForce 8000GS video card with 256MB VRAM. VSOM works like a champ and I can view my Cisco 4500's without issue.

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

1. You have an external graph card.
2. How many fullhd streams are you viewing in a time?
3. Are you using 2. Lower streams for cpu overload times?
4. ?f you dont use 2. Streams what is the frame rate of the cams?

1. The Nvidia card is a PCI-e card which provides dual monitor support.

2. I can view 16 HD streams at a time with almost 100% CPU. (Not really recommended)

-- the cams are located on different media servers from two different states TX & FL

-- Normally I would have 9 streams of mixed SD and HD cams on one monitor rotating views and on the other monitor, I     would have the VSOM Client running with one view.

3. I only use one stream

4. Our cams vary from 6 to 30 fps, depending on their mission.

Thanks all for their valuable responeses.

I have total 16 hd stream:

12 hd stream 720p (4500E cameras)

4 ptz camera 4cif (PTZ 2935)

on i5 cpu its not working properly video streams are distorted

what about i7(3.4ghz 8mb cache,4gb ram) cpu, does it work properly without graphic card

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Ok but your case a little bit different from question cause in a dual core machine 4 pieces 1920x1080p streams will push the procc. to rhe %100.

Anil VAROL
Level 1
Level 1

Use the swcond streams on all cameras. Set all second streams on cameras ex. 640x480 10fps. And set up the sasd for to use the second streams when the pc sources are loaded to the critical.

Maybe i7 and a min. 1gb graphic card can solve your need but no one can tell the rigth answer without trying. In our installations we have a lot fullhd cams but all of them are in different locations and viewing by different operators.

sauraku2
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Video Surveillance Monitoring Workstation Performance Baseline Specification,  for Release 7.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/7_2/client/vsm_7_2_workstation_specs.html

Please fllow above link to know all recommended specification for Monitoring workstation for Release 7.2.