cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM Video recorded video playback with delay.

Farooq Muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have vsom 7 new installation , everything seems fine for live video . But for recorded video when it plays it plays with delay. like 1 second it moves and 1 second stops.Suppose if a car is moving it is shown as moving in steps.

Any help please.

9 Replies 9

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not have much to work with here other than a general description of symptoms. Can you provide some information about your network topology, especially the relationship between cameras, the operations manager, and the media server?

Based on the symptoms you describe it would seem that the feed from the cameras is fine but that there may be congestion impacting retrieval of data from the media server.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

jsah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Farooq,

What is the VSM version you are running and on which hardware platform (Bare Metal or VM based)?

How many camera(s) are installed at your site. Also, please share what is the template use have created for this camera to record? (like bitrate, frame rate and resolution etc)

What is the bandwidth you are availing at your site? Are you using the web browser GUI to view the recordings or SASD application to stream the recording?

The above details helps us to investigate the cause of the glitch and delay in streaming.

Regards,

Jayesh

Hi ,

Sorry for updating too late on this thread.

The problem persists with live and recorded videos both.

The setup is a small campus with VSOM on physical ucs from cisco , links between camera and switch is 100Mb and Server is on 1Gb link. VSOM 7.5 is running , i tried generic and manual templates but no improvement . If i add camera with low bandwidth settings the video is smooth but quality is not acceptable. However when i add HD or Medium bandwidth the video plays with 1 sec pause continuasly.

Tried changing almost all parameters but no success. There is no alarm or mediaout drops on the server and on the switch ports.

Hi ,

Sorry for updating too late on this thread.

The problem persists with live and recorded videos both.

The setup is a small campus with VSOM on physical ucs from cisco , links between camera and switch is 100Mb and Server is on 1Gb link. VSOM 7.5 is running , i tried generic and manual templates but no improvement . If i add camera with low bandwidth settings the video is smooth but quality is not acceptable. However when i add HD or Medium bandwidth the video plays with 1 sec pause continuasly. I am using SASD to view the camera.

Tried changing almost all parameters but no success. There is no alarm or mediaout drops on the server and on the switch ports.

There are two models of camera ie 6400E which supports HD and 2835 SD PTZ. 

For 6400E i am selecting NTSC video format with H.264 , bitrate 4Mb , fps 30 

For 2835                          PAL                                H.264   bitrate 2Mb fps 25

I have tried even using low parameters but still not acceptable.

Appreciate your input.

Farooq

I am a bit puzzled. In the original post you tell us that live feed is fine and the problem is with playback. Now you seem to be telling us that the problem is both with playback and with live feed. Is that the case?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your response.

Yes previously there was issue for recorded video and because the live video feeds from camera were using a template with low bandwidth etc settings but since the video quality was very poor i changed to Medium and High . I also tried manual settings by defining custom templates but the problem severs with HD.

I have tried a number of machines for Sasd and the result is not satisfactory with any one

voyo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please start with checking whether your workstation complies with requirements described here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/7_9/workstation/vsm_7_9_workstation_specs.html#pgfId-44462

Then, you can check load on your workstation, using windows TaskManager (CPU, memory and network usage).

Good would be also to try to view these on different PC , to assure whether problems lie on this workstation itself or on your network infrastructure or mediaserver.

BTW, you are referring that you have "new" installation of VSM 7.5 - this is very old VSM version, I'd consider upgrading to the latest 7.12 , however *probably* it is not related to video playback problems you are describing here.

I hope it helps.

Hi voyo ,

I was suspecting PC performance , whenever i am using Sasd as it shoots to 100% utilization , one test i will do is i will assign single camera to a view and check the performance .

My laptop is 16 gb ram with core i7 2Ghz processor i suppose there should be no issue using this one.

Awaiting your valued input on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: