cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wrong NATTED outbound IP address

BCS-Tech
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing an Exchange server behind an FPM 1010 running FDM.  I have a public ip natted to internal.

When I do a "What is my IP" from the exchange server console, I get the public ip of the FPM 1010.  What do I need to change in the 1010 so the public IP of the exchange server reported by the FPM.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It depends on the nat configuration, because you may be able to do this in a few different ways.

If you have a static nat for your exchange server, without service(port) definitions, it would be used for outbound communications as well as long as the nat for the exchange server is above the dynamic nat that the rest of the traffic is natted through.

(nat policies read top to bottom.)

For reference I've attached a picture/screenshot of an example of how this could be configured.

fdm-exchange-NAT.PNG

View solution in original post

BCS-Tech
Level 1
Level 1

Perfect.  Thanls

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

depend on NAT 

if you static NAT to OUT of FW then Server will use it 

if you static NAT to public IP reachable by OUT of FW then Server will use it

It depends on the nat configuration, because you may be able to do this in a few different ways.

If you have a static nat for your exchange server, without service(port) definitions, it would be used for outbound communications as well as long as the nat for the exchange server is above the dynamic nat that the rest of the traffic is natted through.

(nat policies read top to bottom.)

For reference I've attached a picture/screenshot of an example of how this could be configured.

fdm-exchange-NAT.PNG

AS I KNOW NEVER USE NAT 1:1 and then use same public IP for dynamic.
NEVER 

the only solution is using PAT (port forwarding).

BCS-Tech
Level 1
Level 1

Perfect.  Thanls