Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Contributor

AAA Accounting Question

I have aaa configured with authentication, authorization, and accounting.  When I make a change that affects connectivity to the AAA server, I can still add commands to the device. However, there is a significant wait time between executing commands.  If I remove aaa accounting, then I can continue to enter commands as normal.  Is there a command to decrease the wait time such as a timeout?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: AAA Accounting Question

Dear,

you can try to use the following command:

tacacs-server timeout <seconds>

VIP Advocate

Each accounting packet requires an ACK from the AAA server.  I suppose you don't have command authorization enabled or else the whole thing would grind to a halt ;-)

Do you have more than one AAA server defined in a Group perhaps?  I would have thought having an alternative AAA server would resolve that while Primary server was in maintenance.

Contributor

Authorization works because the backup is local.  The issue is that the accounting does not have a local backup.  So, if the accounting server is not reachable on the network, each command entry will wait for the timeout period (I'm guessing). Should I set the timeout to two seconds?