Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA and Role based access (NPS)

Hi

I authenticate all my cisco switches and routers with AAA + NPS + AD

A server runs NPS service with cisco attribute shell:priv-lvl=15 or 5, depending of AD group.

But I'd like configure role based with IOS view.

When I issue the enable view command,  I get

Password:

I tried with my AD password, enable configurated password, and always gets

% Authentication failed

Mi line vty config

line vty 0 4

authorization exec VTY-AAA

login authentication VTY-AAA

transport input ssh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you gone through the below listed parser view configuration example. Please check here

View authentication is performed by an external authentication server via the new attribute "cli-view-name" so you need to use cisco-av-pair as cli-view-name=xxxx

AAA authentication associates only one view name to a particular user; that is, only one view name can be configured for a user in an authentication server.

In case you still have any issues, run debug parser view and share the output, I'll try to help.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you gone through the below listed parser view configuration example. Please check here

View authentication is performed by an external authentication server via the new attribute "cli-view-name" so you need to use cisco-av-pair as cli-view-name=xxxx

AAA authentication associates only one view name to a particular user; that is, only one view name can be configured for a user in an authentication server.

In case you still have any issues, run debug parser view and share the output, I'll try to help.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Sorry, by mistake I click on "Correct Answer"

The problem is I can switch to  view context

DC1841Ro1(config)#parser view MYVIEW

No view Active! Switch to View Context

When I try to switch

DC1841Ro1#enable view

Password:

% Authentication failed

None password allows me to enter. Remeber I'm using AAA + NPS + ADirectory

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: