cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA failures on 3750G running ADVIPServ 12.2(53) SE

karim.rahemat
Level 1
Level 1

I am just banging my head on the wall and I can seem to figure it out.  I am trying to configure my 3750G stack to authenticate to my ACS 4.2 server.  The configuration is fine and when I look at the debugs I am getting from the switch that it selected the default profile and that is the extent of the log.  On the server I am getting a failed authentication of invalid secret key.  I have a multiple times changed the secret key to match and still getting the same issue.  I thought that it was because the source interface being a L3 port-channel and changed it to a vlan interface with the same issue.

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local

aaa authentication login noauth local

aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ local

aaa authorization exec noauth local

aaa authorization console

!

ip tacacs source interface port-channel 1

tacacs-server timeout 5

tacacs-server host 10.224.1.181

tacacs-server key itsasecret

tacacs-server directed-request **must be a default command**

line con 0

login authentication noauth

!

line vty 0 15

login authentication default

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know if I am hitting a bug or not and searches have turned up nothing.

Regards,

Karim

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On ACS server, please check that you do not have a different secret key under NDG (Network Device Group) which is the likelihood of the error message that you are getting with regards to invalid secret key.

I looked into that and deleted whatever key was in there and made sure teh client had a proper key.  This gave me the same error so I deleted client to try again with the same results.  I also deleted the NDG and recreated a new one with no success.  Still getting the invalid key error within ACS's failed logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: