cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 - Internal DB Replication - Logs are empty!

nickbettison
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got a pair of ACS appliaces; I can see that replication is working since if I add a user, click 'replicate now' and check the other box that user is created... BUT.... on both servers the database replication logs  are empty.

I've tried the basics.... restart services, reboot boxes... and we're running the latest version (4.2.1 Build 15), does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Nick

8 Replies 8

Waris Hussain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you have enabled logging  for database replication .

go to ACS system configuration > logging and then  make sure you bave check mark for CSV   under database replication , screen shot attached.

Thanks
Waris Hussain.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply... I can't see your attachment :-(

I have attached a screenshot of my GUI... there is no configure option to enable/disable logging of DB replication.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks but ...."I have a pair of appliances" i.e. not software on windows.

....Also please see the screenshot I uploaded, under system configuration -> logging this is no 'configure'  for DB replication only passed/failed attempts etc.

Cheers.

Can you email me the attachment at abajaj@cisco.com, somehow I am not able to open the attachment.

yep no worries, it'll be in your inbox shortly.

Cheers,

Nick.

pls send screen shots of proxy distribution table, replication settings, remote logging, appliance upgrade status at my email address.

Looks to me that the database is corrupted and to clean the database follow these:-

1.       Please take a backup from the Appliance.

2.       2. Install the ACS 4.2.1.15 on Windows 2k3 machine.

3.       3. Restore the backup taken from the appliance on the windows.

4.       4. Go to command prompt

5.       5. Change the directory to C:\Program Files\CiscoSecure ACS v4.2\bin

6.       6. Run CSUtil.exe ā€“d ā€“n ā€“l

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/user/guide/A_CSUtil.html#wp364964

7.     Check if the options for logging are coming.

If this still does not work then last bet will be to re-image. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ankur Bajaj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: