cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ACS 4.2 with multiple RSA secure ID token servers

Hi all,

I have a question which I couldn't find an answer to so far.  Below is a very brief explaination of what I have and what I need to do.

What I have:

1- An ACS 4.2 server installed on win 2003 with RSA agent installed.

2- A RSA Secure ID Token Authentication manger 7.1

The problem:

Due to lost RSA master password I am unable to back the DB up and upgrade RSA AM 7.1 to 7.1 SP4.

So far all the solution I have found and been told to do by RSA support have not enabled me to recover the lost password.

What I want to do:

I want to install a fresh copy of RSA AM 7.1 SP4 on Win 2008 R2

Since I can't make a DB backup from the running RSA, once I install the fresh copy I will migrate users one by one

My question:

This is a very busy production environment and users can't tolorate down time at all.

I need to keep everything running, I need to know if it is possible to have 2 RSA data sotres setup within ACS 4.2 or not?

And if so, will migrated users to the new RSA installation be still able to authenticate or not?

Can ACS send multiple authentication request simultaneously or not? And what happenes if a user is present in both instances of RSA, old and new?

Thanks,

Khash