cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2

bwindle66
Level 1
Level 1

Recently had our ACS 4.2 software stop working when PRTG was installed on the windows server. After reboot of the server problems started happening all around and lost the functionality of ACS.

When trying a rebuild of the software and keeping user data the install program states there is not enough space when 7.9 GB are free. Secondly when trying to backup db by the command line I can not find the CSUtil.exe file anywhere on the machine.

Am I hosed? Do I have to reinstall new? or can the old db be recovered?

p.s. previous admin did not do ACS backups, much to my chagrin.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brian,

I would suggest please don't try re-installing the ACS right away.

1stly ensure that the back up is intact on the ACS or not.

2nd restart the services manually from the services.msc.

3rd try taking a backup from the ACS i.e. system config > support

4th If this still does nto work. Please reboot the server and try taking a backup.

Please let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as  answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For backup please go to system configuration > ACS backup > Backup now.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Anisha,

Thanks, however at this point Secure ACS won't start, CSAdmin is stuck in starting mode, and when trying to reinstall SecureACS the software will not backup up the database.

I really believe the window is closing on this. Do you think I should just reinstall new and rebuild the ACS database?

Brian

Hi Brian,

I would suggest please don't try re-installing the ACS right away.

1stly ensure that the back up is intact on the ACS or not.

2nd restart the services manually from the services.msc.

3rd try taking a backup from the ACS i.e. system config > support

4th If this still does nto work. Please reboot the server and try taking a backup.

Please let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as  answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: