cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ACS 5.1 integration with NGenius

Hi All,

I'm currently working on ACS 5.1 to use it as AAA server for Netscout NGenius.

I followed a guide for ACS 4.2 and tried to replicate the configuration settings in ACS 5.1.

- created a host profile on network devices and AAA clients having the same shared key with NGenius

- added three (3) NGenius required attributes in system administration > configuration > identity > internal users

- added attribute values to Internal User database

- created an access policy:

* identity pointing to Internal Users

- edit serverprivate.properties in NGenius server to match the requirements

I would like to have NGenius authenticate via ACS 5.1, but as of the moment there is an error message that I receive:

Unicentified error, Code=16510, Details: AV pairs do not match NGenius format ::<insert tacacs username here>, Severity 1, Code: 16510

Has anyone encountered this error before? Can someone help me on this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

you might had find the solution already... but the ways is to set the TACACS Attributes to "Mandatory", not the default "optional".  See here:

/Karsten

Cisco Employee

create a shell profile for the attributes to be authorized to a test user

add to authorization rule where we should have a hit.

how it goes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please make sure to rate correct anwers