cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer" not working

mlangguth
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to view the logs on the ACS server via the web interface.  When I click on "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer", it opens a new window and I get the error "cannot display the webpage".  This happens on both Firefox and IE.  The URL it's trying to load is this:  https://x.x.x.x/acsadmin/ReportsRedirectorAction.do

These are relatively new boxes so I don't know if I missed some config bit somewhere to enable that utility or what.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

23 Replies 23

we are unable to see the page it shows that the loading server please wait and if it takes longer time contact network administrator..

this message apears while we try to acccess the monitring and report viewer page

jkiehnle@comcast.net

BTW... why not just goto 5.2

I like it much better than 5.1... more stable... less issues.

hope that helps...

jk

I didn't know 5.2 was out.  I might give that a look since these aren't in production yet.

jkiehnle@comcast.net

BTW... why not just goto 5.2

I like it much better than 5.1... more stable... less issues.

hope that helps...

jk

I was looking around the website at possibly upgrading to 5.2.  Am I reading the docs correctly?  You need to burn a CD with the 5.2 image and place it in the appliance to upgrade?  This can't be done remotely  via FTP like the upgrade to 5.1?  It looks like the patch for 5.2 can be applied remotely but the upgrade needs to be on a CD.

Surely there's a way to do this over FTP.  None of thse servers are anywhere near our offices.  I think the closest one is around ~300 miles away.

There is no upgrade path from 5.1 to 5.2 that involves patching. It is a complete rebuild.

I simply mount the ISO locally and install it over the network, But I am using VMWare not appliance.

jk

Hi Jk,

Am also running the ACS 5.1 in VMWare only, but it seems so many issues in this version and the only workaround for all the problem is upgradation to 5.2 version. Can you some information about the upgradation process and it might be helpful for me to take forward.

1. Do we need the License to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2 version? ( At present my ACS 5.1 is running with permenent license only )

2. can we able to re-image the existing confguration to the upgraded version 5.2?

Regards

Manny

stextor
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone resolved this issue?  I am having the same experience.  I'm running one box on Version : 5.6.0.22.2

Here is my show application status acs

ACS1NI/ncadm# show application status acs

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database'                  running
Process 'management'                running
Process 'runtime'                   running
Process 'adclient'                  running
Process 'ntpd'                      running
Process 'view-database'             running
Process 'view-jobmanager'           running
Process 'view-alertmanager'         running
Process 'view-collector'            running
Process 'view-logprocessor'         running

ACS1NI/ncadm#

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem and fixed it with the help of Cisco (while working another issue).  I am on ACS 5.7 but it should not matter as long as you are in the 5.X range.

Log into the ACS Box and enter the command acs-config.  It will ask you for your username and password, use the ones you need to log into the Web GUI (where you unlock user accounts, etc).

ACS5-7#acs-config

Once at the acsadmin (config-acs) prompt, enter the command acsview replace-cleandb.  This will remove the logs and replace them with a new database - this should fix logging corruption.  It takes 5 minutes to complete.

ACS5-7/acsadmin(config-acs)#acsview replace-cleandb

You WILL lose all your logs, but since you cannot view them anyway, who really cares if you lose them, right?

I cannot remember which, but you will need either Java or Flash installed on the machine you are going to be viewing the logs from.  I think it is Java, but cannot remember for certain.  If you do not have the one it needs, you will be able to open the log viewer but the log areas will be blank.

Do not forget to give stars to solutions which help!

Thanks, this worked for me on version 5.8

Dear Guys,

i hope every thing is running well with you,

i know it too old post here but i just faced a similar problem here when i finished installing the ACS 5.2.0.26 on my PC and I checked that every thing is running Ok by using the comands

ACS/admin # show app status acs

ACS/admin# ping 192.168.1.66 (my PC's IP)

and also i did ping from my PC to The ACS installed from VMware

PC # ping 192.1681.250

All is running good.

But the problem is showed up when I'm starting to use the Internet Explorer to manage my ACS through it,  http://192.168.1.250/

I got "
This page can’t be displayed

Make sure the web address http://192.168.1.250 is correct.
    Look for the page with your search engine.
    Refresh the page in a few minutes.

So what is the missing Part  ?
For your Information I'm a self student and this my first time to use the ACS and not have any real experience at work..
just studies , labs ...etc
I use only my PC no external devices ..
So if there any help I'd be appreciated ....

Note:i found at the zipped file downloaded from 4shared.com
these files:
acs_v5.2.0.26_any_server.iso,
5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg,
acs50base.lic,
default_password.txt,

waiting your reply..
Regards..