Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 USING BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL (AD1) DATABASE

ighoisgreat
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have successfully gotten used to using the different attributes for external user authentication and I have also done internal user authentication previously on a different machine. Now I want to combine both authentiacation profiles so that my network users can use the AD while the contractors to the organisation would used the internal database to authenticate.

when I go to default device admin - identity- rule based selection : I created two rules. AD1 and Internal users. I then added internal users and created an authorization profile for them.

The issue is that when AD1 is first on the list under this identity, only external users can authenticate and when the reverse is the case, only internal users can authenticate.

Is there something I am missing. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE THE ACS FOR BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL USERS.

Regards,

1 Reply 1

ighoisgreat
Level 1
Level 1

i found the solution to this. what I did is that I when to the user and group menu - to - identity store sequence, created a new called internal and external and selected password base, then selected both internal users and AD users.

then to default device admin - to - identity and changed the defualt to the rule which i created under identity store sequence.

Now it works for both my internal and external user.

Thank goodness.