Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 hangs on connecting with MS AD at random intervals

danielfycosta
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a simple ASA, ACS, AD schema for RA VPN authentication. All is working for a few months now, but since the initial deployment we have this connectivty issue regarding ACS and MS AD. At random intervals, 1 month/1 week, the ACS connection status becomes "DISCONNECTED" although the CLI shows that ad client is running. But because of that, no RA VPNs can be authenticated. Clock is not a problem, since it didn't change automatically nor was manually configured prior to the malfunction.

What do I do to fix this? 

I change the domain name, from the currently working xx.com, to cisco.com for instance, so I can get an error message. Then I set the correct domain name again and click on "Test Connection" until I get a successful message so I can press Save Changes. That usually takes 10-15 tries.

After some research I've noticed a LOT of people have this same problem, even on ACS 5.3. I was wondering if anybody has an oficial solution. I'm not sure how to see the log messages on the ACS itself for further troubleshooting on this matter, but since a simple procedure like the above solves the problem, I'm thinking of a bug. And because of that, I'll apply the latest patch 5.2.0.26 (10) tonight, hoping it solves this odd behaviour.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Daniel

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sub board is for Wireless Security Questions.

You would be better served to move this question to the Security > VPN boards

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the tip. I've moved to the Security > AAA section now