cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

acs 5.2 import host csv file

gary.pope
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to import MAC Addresses (hosts) into ACS 5.2 using the File Operations feature. I have downloaded the template and populated it with the MAC Addresses but when I try to import the file I get the following: Import Failed, Please try again later. I have tried restarting the Services via CLI.

I am running ACC 5.2 version 5.2.0.26.9

I have attached the CSV file I am trying to import and I have a Identity Group called UNKNOWN

4 Replies 4

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I tried with your file on my machine and after I created the UNKNOWN identity group it worked fine and I have 83 new endpoint definitions.

No really good ideas for next steps but can try:

- file with just one entry to see if even import of only one host fails

- look at debug message using following command: 'show acs-logs filename ACSManagement.log | last 80'

Thanks for your reply and the test import of my CSV file.

I tried your debug command on the ACS and got the following: FATAL http-443-6 Acs.MGMT.GUI String index out of range: -1

I have tried to import only the one MAC Address with no success. Importing users also does not work, same error message, but importing Network devices does work?

Only other suggestion I can think of relates to browser being used. Which are you using and can you try an alternate browser?

Saving the Excel file as a CSV file sorted out the issue. Many thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: