cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

acs 5.2 import host csv file

gary.pope
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to import MAC Addresses (hosts) into ACS 5.2 using the File Operations feature. I have downloaded the template and populated it with the MAC Addresses but when I try to import the file I get the following: Import Failed, Please try again later. I have tried restarting the Services via CLI.

I am running ACC 5.2 version 5.2.0.26.9

I have attached the CSV file I am trying to import and I have a Identity Group called UNKNOWN

4 Replies 4

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I tried with your file on my machine and after I created the UNKNOWN identity group it worked fine and I have 83 new endpoint definitions.

No really good ideas for next steps but can try:

- file with just one entry to see if even import of only one host fails

- look at debug message using following command: 'show acs-logs filename ACSManagement.log | last 80'

Thanks for your reply and the test import of my CSV file.

I tried your debug command on the ACS and got the following: FATAL http-443-6 Acs.MGMT.GUI String index out of range: -1

I have tried to import only the one MAC Address with no success. Importing users also does not work, same error message, but importing Network devices does work?

Only other suggestion I can think of relates to browser being used. Which are you using and can you try an alternate browser?

Saving the Excel file as a CSV file sorted out the issue. Many thanks for your help.