cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 Logs are not showing the MAC address

pchace
Level 1
Level 1

We recently had to rebuild our ACS server.  Now when we have an 802.1x authentication failure and look at the RADIUS logs for the specific user, it does not show us the MAC address of the device the user tried to login with.  We use this all the time because users have PDAs and other mobile devices that they save their passwords on.  Then when they change their domain password on their laptop, they don't change it on their PDA which then tries to authenticate them using the wrong password and eventually locks them out.  We need to see the MAC address so we can pinpoint which device is causing the lockout.  The report I am generating is when you go to this location:

Monitoring & Reports > ... > Reports > Catalog > User > User_Authentication_Summary
4 Replies 4

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I would just do a radius authentication summary log

Thanks Alex

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

The MAC Address is not listed there either.  It seems that any log I try to view, the MAC is not there.

pchace
Level 1
Level 1

So far it seems like it is an unconfrimed bug with Patch 9.  We installed patch 10 and it seemed to fix the problem.

There is a common defect filed for missing info in patch 9

CSCtx39704    Information missing in Tacacs Accounting logs

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: