Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 recovery DVD

mariusgggg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find ACS 5.X  recovery DVD. I have vmware and want to make .iso to recover lost system password.I am not able to find in any Cisco downloads.

thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ACS is long EOL.  I would redeploy manually on ISE at this point.

View solution in original post

No, the ACS software is end of sale and end of life.  It is no longer being sold.  

I would highly suggest purchasing Cisco Identity Service Engine instead or evaluating the myriad of other TACACS+/RADIUS solutions available (both commercial and open source options exist).

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Login to cisco systems> support> all download>  products> security> identity management> cisco secure access control system> cisco secure access 5.x

You would see the link for 5.1 , 5.2 and 5.3

Click on any of the link and you will find the .iso image.

Regards

Minakshi

Do rate the helpful posts

Thank very much Minkumar, 

I realised that .iso  install does recovery too. Thanks anywany for concern.

best regards.

Can we use the DVD as ACS recovery DVD by simply burning the ACS .ISO file in DVD Disk.

Regards,

Raja

Hi supporthyd,

I had an old ACS device 1121, I would like to use it for some AAA serives, It has been idle for many years and None knows its password nor the ACS installation DVD is there to recover password, I only got the license files bought from cisco.

I really would like to know from where I could freely download ACS 5.2 Installation DVD along with cumulative patches , so as to make the Dead ACS work again. Your quick response is highly appreciated

Thanks 

Nitadams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mariusggg,

I had an old ACS device 1121, I would like to use it for some AAA serives, It has been idle for many years and None knows its password nor the ACS installation DVD is there to recover password, I only got the license files bought from cisco.

I really would like to know from where I could freely download ACS 5.2 Installation DVD along with cumulative patches , so as to make the Dead ACS work again. Your quick response is highly appreciated

Thanks 

ACS is long EOL.  I would redeploy manually on ISE at this point.

Thanks ahollifield,

Thanks for the quick response and providing me an Insight. BUT still I would like to use the spare ACS 1121 for some type of AAA in the network, and interested to get Recovery DVD and patches ,,, any idea where I could get those ?

Also does the ACS 1121 supports updated version of ACS i.e ACS 5.8 or better than 5.2 ?

Thanks Again

Why would you want to use an EOL product with zero support or vulnerability fixes in a production network?

Thanks Again ahollifield,

As the company I am in is financially constrained, It would like to re-use the existing ACS1121 Appliance.

Is it possible to install a latest version of ACS on the ACS1121 ? Just to reduce the risk of vulnerabilities ? Could the company buy the latest ACS to run on the ACS1121 ? Thanks Again

No, the ACS software is end of sale and end of life.  It is no longer being sold.  

I would highly suggest purchasing Cisco Identity Service Engine instead or evaluating the myriad of other TACACS+/RADIUS solutions available (both commercial and open source options exist).

@Nitadams under no circumstance would I try to recover and use the old ACS appliance. If you cannot afford ISE, then look into one of the free / low cost alternatives like FreeRADIUS or ClearBox.

Hi Marvin,

I appreciate your response, BUT still to recover some data from the old ACS I want image of ACS 5.2.0.26.iso along with the patches , if you have at your repository kindly let me know.

Best

Again, how will the ISO help you save any data? If you deploy the ISO on the box, all information is wiped.

Hi ahollifield,

I greatly appreciate your response, Via our partner I managed to get latest version of ISO, BUT my 1121 need ACS 5.2.0.26, kindly as Cisco no longer maintains this ISO, kindly if you have at your repository kindly let me know

Thanks a Trillion