cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 upgrade

Michael Kim
Level 1
Level 1

This past weekend we did an upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2 (backup, re-image, restore backup). 

We are running on 5.2 now J.  Two issues though when issuing a backup command from CLI using the below command I get an error.

backup testbk repository NMS1

% Creating backup with timestamped filename: testbk-101115-1450.tar.gpg

tar: backup/acs/view/avreports/repository/public/public: Cannot stat: No such fi

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

and also I’m seeing the below error in the system log couple times a minute.

Nov 15 14:13:12 AHA-ACS-1 adclient[5119]: WARN  <fd:38 rt_daemon(4958)> Failed to send message: Socket closed

Nov 15 14:13:22 AHA-ACS-1 adclient[5119]: WARN  <fd:24 rt_daemon(4958)> Failed to send message: Socket closed

Nov 15 14:13:37 AHA-ACS-1 adclient[5119]: WARN  <fd:49 rt_daemon(4958)> Failed to send message: Socket closed

Nov 15 14:14:53 AHA-ACS-1 adclient[5119]: WARN  <fd:28 rt_daemon(4958)> Failed to send message: Socket closed

Nov 15 14:15:23 AHA-ACS-1 adclient[5119]: WARN  <fd:39 rt_daemon(4958)> Failed to send message: Socket closed

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Mike

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Is your GUI backup working fine ?

Did you try the "acs backup ..." command ?

2) Looks like the AD client is disconnecting. Having any trouble with AD ? Did you configure AD at all ?

Nicolas.

Thanks Nicolas for responding.  Yes the GUI works fine and users are being authenticated for vpn and wireless.  So ACS is working like it should after the upgrade. What is the difference from "acs backup" versus using just the "backup" command?

This question was tackled here :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3206319#3206319

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

annwat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

There is a known bug regarding the backup complaint/error message.  It's basically a complaint message and you've probably realized by now that your backup does complete.  That being said, below is the reply we got from Cisco regarding that error message:

CSCtj35006    'No such file or directory' error appears during CLI backup.

Reason for this error:

At the time of restoring the 5.1 backup on top of 5.2, somehow "public ->
../../public" link file is creating in the following directory.
/opt/CSCOacs/view/data/repository/public.

This link file is creating when we are restoring 5.1 backup on top of 5.2.

Because of this link we are getting the error(No such file or directory) at
the time of taking the backup of 5.2 after restore.

Since this is a newly filed bug, options are:

1)  Ignore and wait/monitor for the fix
Or

2)  From the OS (needs a patch to be applied to access OS) delete the directory.

Thanks.  I suppose if it "aint" broke don't fix it would come in to play here.  As long as the backup proces is working

I'll leave things alone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: