Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 Question

yun zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Could you help answer below question or provide doc for reference , many thanks

Question 1  Does this license (CSACS-5-BASE-LIC ,) support all of the 5.x version ?

Question 2 The ACS 5.3 support other network devices (non-cisco devices) with radius protocol ?

Question 3 The what feature different between 5.3 and 5.7 ?

Question 4 How many devices does ACS 5.3 supports ?

THX in advance

Harvey

1 Reply 1

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yun, my answers below:

#1) This licenses will include RADIUS and TACACS+ based functionality for up to 500 network access devices (NADs). This license comes by default with the purchase of ACS. You can get additional feature licenses:

L-CSACS-5-LRG-LIC - Provides support for more than 500 NADs. (You need one license per deployment)

CSACS-5-ADV-LIC - Enables TrustSec/SGA/SGT - Security Group Access / Security Group Tagging 

#2) Yes, at the end of the day ACS is a RADIUS and will support other vendors. For instance, I have used it in the past with Brocade, Aruba and Adtran

#3) There are constantly new features and bug fixes done with new releases. Even ACS 5.8 is now out. The best way to get information about new features and bugs resolved is to look through the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/secure-access-control-system/products-release-notes-list.html

#4) The Base license supports up to 500 network access devices (NADs). The system itself can support up to 100,000 NADs. However, you must have the "Large" license mentioned above. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: