Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 TACACS+ Transactions per Second Measurement for ISE Migration

kkaminsk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi folks,

How do I get current information from ACS 5.3 about TACACS+ transactions per second (tps)?  I can only see T+ authentications per day summaries.  I need this to size for a migration to ISE for T+ only deployment and the ISE team has tps numbers to size a deployment with.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please see the catalog reports available for ACS 5.3.

User Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.3 - Managing Reports [Cisco Secure Access Control System] - Cisco

Essentially you need to combine all the three reports ( authentication, authorization and accounting) for the ACS server and aggregate it for say 8hrs(working time) to get the TACACS+ TPS.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please see the catalog reports available for ACS 5.3.

User Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.3 - Managing Reports [Cisco Secure Access Control System] - Cisco

Essentially you need to combine all the three reports ( authentication, authorization and accounting) for the ACS server and aggregate it for say 8hrs(working time) to get the TACACS+ TPS.

Thanks

Krishnan

Krishnan,

Is this the best process for ACS 5.8 as well?

-Thomas

Just to verify my understanding, if below data is for one day (24 hrs) from existing ACS:

Total Authentication messages (Pass+Fail) = 250000, Total Authorization messages = 370000 and accounting messages = 118000 then TPS would be:

(250000+370000+118000) / (24X60X60) = 8.54 TPS

Is this correct way to find out TPS?

Customer currently has 12 ACS instances. But using above calculation and ISE TPS handling capacity, it comes out to be only 2 ISE PSNs (considering HA). 

Just want to double sure.