Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 TACACS+ Transactions per Second Measurement for ISE Migration

kkaminsk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi folks,

How do I get current information from ACS 5.3 about TACACS+ transactions per second (tps)?  I can only see T+ authentications per day summaries.  I need this to size for a migration to ISE for T+ only deployment and the ISE team has tps numbers to size a deployment with.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please see the catalog reports available for ACS 5.3.

User Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.3 - Managing Reports [Cisco Secure Access Control System] - Cisco

Essentially you need to combine all the three reports ( authentication, authorization and accounting) for the ACS server and aggregate it for say 8hrs(working time) to get the TACACS+ TPS.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please see the catalog reports available for ACS 5.3.

User Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.3 - Managing Reports [Cisco Secure Access Control System] - Cisco

Essentially you need to combine all the three reports ( authentication, authorization and accounting) for the ACS server and aggregate it for say 8hrs(working time) to get the TACACS+ TPS.

Thanks

Krishnan

Krishnan,

Is this the best process for ACS 5.8 as well?

-Thomas

Just to verify my understanding, if below data is for one day (24 hrs) from existing ACS:

Total Authentication messages (Pass+Fail) = 250000, Total Authorization messages = 370000 and accounting messages = 118000 then TPS would be:

(250000+370000+118000) / (24X60X60) = 8.54 TPS

Is this correct way to find out TPS?

Customer currently has 12 ACS instances. But using above calculation and ISE TPS handling capacity, it comes out to be only 2 ISE PSNs (considering HA). 

Just want to double sure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: