Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 - Unable to re-register secondary to primary

jlthorsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Today I ran a failover test between our primary and secondary ACS systems (ran 'acs stop' on the primary) and in the process decided to promote the secondary while I had the primary down. All was fine until I brought the primary back up and tried to re-register the secondary to it. I get the following error message:

acs_error.JPG

I went into System Administration >Operations >Distributed System Management on each and it showed the other device as deregestered, tried to promote from there but it failed too, so I deleted them and tried to register the secondary again. After that didn't work I tried rebooting both but that didn't help either. At this point I'm at a loss. I know the user/pass I'm using is good and I've tried using both the IP address and the hostname. Anyone have any ideas?

ACS/admin# sh app version acs

Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION
-----------------------------
Version : 5.3.0.40.5
Internal Build ID : B.839
Patches :
5-3-0-40-5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

GUI credentials of super-admin are used to register secondary to primary.

Please give a try and let us know.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

GUI credentials of super-admin are used to register secondary to primary.

Please give a try and let us know.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

You nailed it. I was using the local admin user account... using a super-admin account did the trick. Thank you very much for the *speedy* help.

Joshua

Glad

~Jatin

I know this is a 2 year old thread, but you just saved me from banging my head against a wall.

GUI credentials of super-admin should be in bold somewhere in the documentation. 

Nice.

It has been a while since I browse the community. Guess I should start spending some time here now. Thanks Justin.

~Jatin