Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.4 Issue

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Experts.

Suddenly our ACS stops generating any reports (AAA auth passed, failed etc) for last ten days. But Once we restarted the processed we are able to get the reports.

Though we are not able to see those 10 days logs in ACS View sad

Now i have couple of question.

Is there any way to recover logs in ACS View coz i could see those logs in CLI of show acs-logs..?

Why it suddenly stops capturing logs and restored when restarting processes..? Any bug is hitting to this version..?

Quick help is highly appreciated smiley

3 Replies 3

mstraessle
Level 4
Level 4

Did you apply the latest cummulative patch?

I had log problems in the past with ACS. Most of the time it was an issue with DB size. Do you run virtual or physical Appliance?

edelgado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Most likely the OPT folder got full or one of the view was down.

Unfortunately there is no way to bring those logs back. Can you check how much HDD do you have and also can you check what percentage is use on the OPT folder?

If more than 30% please open a case with TAC so they can apply root patch and fix this situation.

Regards,

Erick Delgado

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to enable the log recovery option to recover the log messages that may be received during the database compress operation or if ACS is down. If the log recovery feature is not enabled, then ACS sends an alert message to enable the log recovery featur. We need to first determine why we didn't get logs for certain amount of time. If log recovery was not enabled than we can't even think that way because log recovery option helps you in some way not when the disk is already full.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/user/guide/acsuserguide/viewer_sys_ops.html

Can you please provide the output of 

show disk

show tech | in opt

complete version of ACS

Regards,

Jatin Katyal

*Do rate helpful posts*

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: