Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.x Opinions

Johnny English
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

What are some opinions on ACS 5.x , what version is the most stable?  

I was use to using 4.x ACS and it working as well as not not giving us problems at all, but clearly that is not the case with version 5.x;  you breath wrong and 5.x has some database issue or some service does not want to start up because the moon is out of alignment. 

2 Replies 2

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

You would certainly face issues while switching from ACS 4.x to ACS 5.x. However, I would say, ACS 5.x is definately better approach then ACS 4.x. 

ACS starting from version 5.4 is quite a good. You can go for ACS 5.6 as well, thats the latest version which has  few bug fixes.

There were some initial version that had Database issues, but not the latest one I guess.

I would suggest ACS 5.4 is good.

Minakshi( do rate the helpful post)

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johnny,

If you are planning to move from 4.x to 5.x, In my opinion 5.5 patch 9 is quite stable version. If you wanna go for 5.6 then refrain yourself from applying patch 3 as we have seen couple of issues with incremental backup and purging on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: