Helpful
Replies

ACS Backup on map drive

asim.siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guyz,

Good Day,

I have ACS 4.2 on vmware machine, everything is working fine. Automatically backup is already set on local machine, but the thing is, i want to configure automatically backup on my file server (ex. \\1.1.1.1\acsbackup). Even though i have defined the acsbackup folder through map drive but no success.

when i define the above string in the backup location directory, it shows an error (no directory exists).

How do i configure file server or map drives on acs & save daily backup on fileserver

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Unfortunately the ACS for Windows 4.x will only backup files on the local drive the application is installed. Mapping remote drives/folders will not work as the application will not be able to read the mapped drive.

ACS 5.x includes support for different "Repository" configurations in order to backup files to remote device through FTP, SFTP, NFS. However, ACS 4.x does not include that functionality and backups will be saved on the local drive only.

If this was helpful please rate.

Regards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Unfortunately the ACS for Windows 4.x will only backup files on the local drive the application is installed. Mapping remote drives/folders will not work as the application will not be able to read the mapped drive.

ACS 5.x includes support for different "Repository" configurations in order to backup files to remote device through FTP, SFTP, NFS. However, ACS 4.x does not include that functionality and backups will be saved on the local drive only.

If this was helpful please rate.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: