cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Evaluation

dimensyssrl
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to test an ACS 5.2 with evaluation licence (that I've requested and obtained).

I've followed this guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/installation/guide/csacs_vmware.html#wp1057927

to install ACS vmware image, installation work properly, when I reboot system and after setup program, I can't properly start acs system

svm-acs01tmp/root# show application status acs

Application initializing...

Status is not yet available.

Please check again in a minute.

svm-acs01tmp/root#

This state is the same since I've installed ACS few days ago; I've also tried to reboot server and also to reinstall it twice...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Daniele

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

drstanic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniele,

I have seen the same issue with another customer - the problem is that you're using the "root" username.

Root is the username that the Linux OS uses, and by setting "root" as the username when you go through the configuration process you end up limiting the permission for the root account. This is why the ACS never starts up.

Could you please re-build the VM and re-install the ACS, but time user a different username (such as the default "admin").

Let me know how you go.

Best regards,

Dragana

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mstraessle
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniele

Have you pre-allocated the disk on your VM?

I had also some very stranges issues if I did not thick provisioned the disk capacity to at least 60GB. Thin provisining is not recommended, even in some cases it works.

Another issue could be the vsphere version. Did you try to install it on vsphere 3.5 or 4.0?

Marco

drstanic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniele,

I have seen the same issue with another customer - the problem is that you're using the "root" username.

Root is the username that the Linux OS uses, and by setting "root" as the username when you go through the configuration process you end up limiting the permission for the root account. This is why the ACS never starts up.

Could you please re-build the VM and re-install the ACS, but time user a different username (such as the default "admin").

Let me know how you go.

Best regards,

Dragana

Thanks a lot, root was the problem!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: