cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS how to limit AD max user sessions

bob1980
Level 1
Level 1

I have WLC (7.4) that uses 802.1x auth with our ACS (5.3)

Our ACS connects to our AD as external identity.

How can I limit the max sessions per AD users

Access Policies > Max User Session Policy >  Max Session User Settings

-That would affect all my Access Policies

Access Policies > Max User Session Policy >  Max Session Group settings

-That only shows internal groups and doesnt reflect my AD external group.

For exemple certain AD users can have more sessions there other AD users

Can that be done?

Dash

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dash-

Unfortunately there aren't any other options in restricting sessions for users in ACS. I had a similar request form a customer for ISE and ISE doesn't even support max sessions. I had requested that feature to be implemented so now we wait and see :)

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Dash,

You can leverage the group mapping feature where members of a certain AD group are mapped to a local group in ACS with the max sessions defined.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-3/user/guide/acsuserguide/access_policies.html#pgfId-1162308

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Okay here is how yo do it.

In the "Access Services", you select & edit the service you want to use & check mark the group Mapping option in it.

Then you will see a "Group Mapping" option beneath the access policy that you just edited in the left panel of the ACS.

Now Select the "Group Mapping" option & select "Rule based result Selection" from the top. Now from the bottom right click "customize" & add in "AD:External Group"

Now you can specify conditions on for which AD Group you can MAP the Internal group & its related conditions i.e Max Session limitation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ahmed ! Worked like a charm !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: