cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Network Devices and AAA Clients

tomyip
Level 1
Level 1

In ACS 5.8, is there a limit on the number of entries in the Network Devices and AAA Clients page?

6 Replies 6

Ivan Gonzalez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

Yes, there is a limit of 100000 network devices that ACS supports:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8/release/notes/acs_58_rn.html#pgfId-435175

Note: Please mark as answered if applicable.

Is there a limit of 100,000 network devices (that means, every network device for exmple can include a lot of IP subnets) or ist there a limit of 100,000 IP-Addresses for the clients?

Regards

Ruediger

Hi Ruediger,

This limit is for 100,000 AAA clients ( devices that will be using ACS as radius server, for example IOS devices, ASAs NX-OS etc ) you are able to create AAA clients using subnets ( if you use a subnet all IP addresses on that subnet will be counted for the 100,000 Network device limit ).

I hope this helps to clarify your concerns.

But I can configure a network device with with a IP subnet 192.0.0.0/8 (more than 16,000,000 clients) and everything still works ...

regards

Ruediger

Hello Ruedier,

It might work for you, but I do not think ACS will be able to handle authentication request for 16,000,000, and additional to this, it is documented the ACS deployment limit is 100,000, hence 16,000,000 AAA clients would be an unsupported environment.

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Just adding one point to ivan's correct answer:  The number of AAA clients is also subject to the licensing of your ACS instance. For 500 AAA clients and above you'll need a large deployment add-on license in addition to the base license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: